We believe in fighting for your rights
Our mission at The Law Offices of Simran Kaleka, APC is to help our clients achieve the best possible outcome in their cases. We are results-oriented and client-focused. We keep our clients updated regularly and are always here to answer your questions. Insurance companies will try to minimize your claim, however we never settle for less than the amount you are entitled to and we recommend trial if we believe you deserve more than the insurance company agrees to pay. At the trial stage, we take aggressive steps to move your case forward to keep it from lingering in the court system. Our assertive approach has the effect of recovering the maximum possible damages and resolving your case efficiently.
OUR APPROACH ASSISTS IN STRATEGIZING THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION IN YOUR CASE, WHICH INCLUDES:
We meet with you and anyone that you would like involved in the process to explain our approach. We recommend you contact us as soon as possible so we can begin investigating your claim and to avoid forfeiting your rights to recovery by missing the filing deadline. In California, the statute of limitations is two years from the time of injury or death in most cases.Our goal is to maximize your damages and put money in your pocket as soon as possible. First, we develop a negotiating strategy to reach the highest possible damages. In most cases, we are able to resolve your claim in an equitable settlement agreement so you can recover fair compensation in a timely manner.
Our knowledge of Personal Injury Law makes us a formidable ally to have on your side. If you have been in a car accident, you (or a family member or friend) should take the following initial steps:
- Report: Call the police to report the accident and exchange insurance information.
- Vehicle Photographs: Take photographs of the vehicle damage.
- Injury Photographs: Take photographs of any visible injuries suffered in the crash.
- Documentation: Communicate to any police officers, EMS, or hospital staff that you are injured and specifically describe the nature of your injuries so it will be included in the Accident Report.
- Legal Representation: As soon as you are able, contact an experienced auto accident lawyer so you can be advised on your legal rights and the accident can be investigated. Steps should be taken immediately to preserve evidence and identify witnesses.
Attorney Simran Kaleka thoroughly and aggressively investigates every car accident, and you can expect the same in your case. Although every case is unique, our car accident investigation process usually involves several important steps. The initial investigation will include some of the following:
- Getting Accident Report from investigating police agency
- Identifying witnesses and quickly securing Witnesses Statements
- Securing the vehicle and getting detailed photos of all vehicles involved
- Photos of the crash scene and any roadway physical evidence (skid marks, debris field)
- Photos of injuries
- Initial Medical Records and EMS Records
- Identification of all possible responsible parties
- Identification of all possible Insurance coverage
- Notification in writing to all parties and insurance carriers to preserve evidence
With our law firm, the investigation process always continues as the car accident case proceeds. We may retain “accident reconstruction” experts on your behalf to help us present your claim effectively. These experts may be necessary to “reconstruct” the car accident, by determining events leading to the crash and the mistakes made by the person whose negligence caused the collision.
Negotiation plays a key role during the pre-suit stage.Frequently, during this stage, there are settlement discussions and other opportunities to settle the case without the necessity of a lawsuit.
Sometimes, before a lawsuit is filed we will make a pre-suit demand for settlement on your behalf in which we lay out the details of the accident, your injuries, and the case value. The majority of our accident cases are settled during the pre-suit process, without ever having to file a lawsuit.
We attempt to negotiate with the auto insurance company involved to reach a settlement that is satisfactory to you. During this stage you will be kept informed at all times and you will work closely with both Attorney Simran and her Paralegal.
If the insurance company is unwilling to settle your case for an amount that is fair and just for your injuries, then you can expect that we will file a formal lawsuit on your behalf. Attorney Simran Kaleka will then devote the time, effort, and expertise necessary to prepare your case for trial.
Statistically, the vast majority of auto accident cases settle at some point before trial. However, if necessary, and if a fair settlement is not offered, you can expect that Attorney Simran Kaleka will zealously try your case. Ms. Kaleka has jury trial experience and you can be assured that your car accident claim will be presented with the professionalism and skill you expect when you hire a lawyer.
We’re in this Together.
Reach Out to The Law Offices of Simran Kaleka, APC Today
With all you have at stake after being injured, you need a dedicated Personal Injury Attorney on your side. Reach out and contact our office today and request a free, confidential consultation to discuss your case and how we can help you.